How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
- Not having to pay for damage caused by children slamming/fumbling their door into the car parked next to us.
- Prevents children from opening their doors until shifted to park.
- Allows me to close their door from the driver’s seat after the kid has run off and forgotten..again. Watching Moms in the school drop-off lane hold the line up to get out, walk around to the other side, and angrily slam the door makes me smile.
- Carries more stuff more efficiently than an SUV.
- I don’t look like I am so obsessed with what people think of my masculinity that I need to follow the herd, even when the herd is running in the wrong direction.
My minivan is bigger than I really need it to be, but until the kids are grown, or someone makes a car with power-sliding doors, I plan to stick with my minivan.